Battery Tactical #2
Hill 400, HD Dutch Harbor
Home  |  Dutch Harbor


Located at the top of Hill 400, Battery Tactical #2 consisted of four Panama mounts for 155-mm guns. Construction was completed in late 1943 and the battery was transferred to the troops on December 21 of that year. Each gun emplacement consisted of a Panama mount and two small wooden magazines.

Also located at the site were a concrete Battery Command station and the battery plotting room.






Emplacement #1



The #1 emplacement, looking south.
July 2004
Looking east.
July 2004
The east magazine.
July 2004
Inside the east magazine.
July 2004
The west magazine.
July 2004
Looking out of the west magazine.
July 2004




Emplacement #2



The #2 emplacement, Mt. Ballyhoo in the background.
July 2004
Looking south at the #2 emplacement.
July 2004
The east magazine.
July 2004
The west magazine.
July 2004




Emplacement #3



Looking south.
July 2004
Emplacement #3, looking northwest.
July 2004
The east magazine.
July 2004
The west magazine.
July 2004




Emplacement #4



Looking west at the #4 emplacement.
July 2004
Looking northwest.
July 2004
The east magazine.
July 2004
Inside the east magazine.
July 2004
The west magazine.
July 2004
Inside the west magazine.
July 2004







Documents
Form 1August 1, 1944
Map of general areaDecember 10, 1944
Description of fire control1944
Fire control chartDecember 10, 1944




Home  |  Dutch Harbor

Best viewed using Internet Explorer 6.0 at 800 X 850 with 96 PPI
Please make sure javascript is enabled for proper viewing.
Last modified on Thursday, 04/20/06, at 10:49 PM
copyright © 2003 - 2007 Andy Rohde
Conditions of use and Disclaimers