Battery Tactical #3
Buskin Hill, HD Kodiak
Home  |  Kodiak


The Coast Artillery took control of the battery on Buskin Hill in October of 1942, after only two months of construction. The battery consisted of four 155-mm GPF guns emplaced on circular Panama type mounts. Interestingly, numerous small dugouts and trenches are preserved near the gun positions, possibly the remains of ready ammunition magazines or crew shelters.

The Battery Command station and a plotting room were located on a small hill southwest of the gun emplacements



Emplacements #1 and #2


The #1 gun position.
August 2005
Small dugout northwest of the gun position.
August 2005
The #2 gun position.
August 2005
Looking northwest from the gun position at possible ready ammunition magazines.
August 2005



Emplacements #3 and #4


The #3 gun position is very overgrown.
August 2005
Small dugout south of the gun, shown on the Form 7.
August 2005
The #4 gun position.
August 2005
Closer view of the #4 gun position.
August 2005
Log retaining walls about 150 feet northeast of the #4 gun position.
August 2005
Small dugout northwest of the #4 gun position.
August 2005







Documents
Form 1May 1, 1944
Form 7, page 1 
Form 7, page 2May 1944
Form 7, page 3May 1944
Detail map of area.September 1944
Fire Control Chart.October 1944




Home  |  Kodiak

Best viewed using Internet Explorer 6.0 at 800 X 850 with 96 PPI
Please make sure javascript is enabled for proper viewing.
Last modified on Thursday, 04/20/06, at 10:55 PM
copyright © 2003 - 2007 Andy Rohde
Conditions of use and Disclaimers