Magazines
Fort Learnard, HD Dutch Harbor
Home  |  Dutch Harbor


A total of eight corrugated "elephant" steel storage magazines were constructed at Fort Learnard. These included two projectile and two powder magazines for Battery Const. #298, as well as three antiaircraft ammunition magazines and a small fuse storage magazine.

Two of the AA magazines have been either buried or destroyed. The remaining one is filled with empty 6-inch powder canisters, indicating that the usage listed in exhibit 36-B may be incorrect.




Projectile Magazines



Looking west at the west magazine.
July 2004
Inside the west magazine.
July 2004
Looking out of the west magazine.
July 2004
Looking east at the east magazine.
July 2004
The front of the east magazine.
July 2004
Looking east inside the east magazine.
July 2004
The east magazine, looking west.
July 2004




Fuse Magazine



Looking north at the fuse magazine.
July 2004
Inside the fuse magazine.
July 2004
Looking out of the fuse magazine.
July 2004




Powder Magazines



The southern powder magazine.
July 2004
Inside the southern magazine.
July 2004
Looking northeast at the north magazine.
July 2004
Inside the north magazine.
July 2004
Looking out of the north magazine.
July 2004




Antiaircraft Magazines



Looking northwest at the north magazine.
July 2004
Inside the north magazine.
July 2004
Site of the south magazine.
July 2004
Debris at the south magazine site.
July 2004
The approximate location of the southwest magazine.
July 2004







Documents
General Fort Learnard mapDecember 10, 1944
Tabulation of war reserve ammunition1944
Tabulation of antiaircraft ammunition1944




Home  |  Dutch Harbor

Best viewed using Internet Explorer 6.0 at 800 X 850 with 96 PPI
Please make sure javascript is enabled for proper viewing.
Last modified on Thursday, 04/20/06, at 10:50 PM
copyright © 2003 - 2007 Andy Rohde
Conditions of use and Disclaimers